Lever Gear Minimum Advertised Price Policy (MAP)
Lever Gear has developed a Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) policy to protect our retail partners and to maintain the high-end reputation associated with the Lever Gear brand and products. We are adopting this policy unilaterally and will enforce it uniformly. This document is subject to change periodically and retailers will be notified via email to the email address on record if this MAP policy or pricing changes. The current MAP Policy will be listed on our website at https://levergear.com/retailer/map. Retailer is responsible for remaining current with MAP policy, products, and pricing.
Who is Covered by this Policy
The following policy applies to all Lever Gear retailers in the United States whether they sell through “brick and mortar” stores, online websites, catalogs, or any other means.
What is the Minimum Advertised Price
The current listing of products available for retail and applicable MAP are published on our website at https://levergear.com/retailer/pricelist. The products and MAPs may be changed from time to time at the sole discretion of Lever Gear. Retailer is responsible for remaining current with the MAP policy.
What Constitutes “Advertising”
The MAP policy applies to all advertisements of Lever Gear products in all media including, but not limited to newspapers, inserts, flyers, posters, newsletters, catalogs, public signage, radio, television, and online advertising including banner ads, email campaigns, social media ads, google adwords, coupon codes and other forms of online advertising. For the purposes of internet sales under this policy, the term “advertised price” will include any price visible on the website of the seller as well as mass email campaigns on behalf of the seller. Retailer may not use “see price in cart” or “call for price” or other similar language in an attempt to subvert the intent of the MAP.
The MAP applies only to advertised prices and does not govern the price at which products are actually sold by Retailers.
What is a violation of MAP
Each advertisement below MAP will be a violation of this policy.
Exceptions and Exclusions
Resellers may advertise Lever Gear products below MAP without violating this policy under the following conditions:
- Promotional Periods – Promotional Periods – During the periods outlined below, it is acceptable to advertise Lever Gear products at up to 20% below MSRP (plus or minus up to $1 to allow for strategic price points). When a Promotional Period Sale is advertised, the advertisement must clearly indicate the discount % below MSRP and the sale’s start and end dates.
- May 20 – June 15
- August 20 – September 5
- November 20 – December 5
Lever Gear may announce additional promotional periods outside of the above mentioned and will alert retailers prior to the promo. Further, Lever Gear reserves the right to use up to two additional weeks per calendar year per product to offer discounts below MAP on our website or a partner channel.
- Discontinued Products – Lever Gear will publish a list of discontinued products on the retailer partner page of our website. We will email retailer partners when we discontinue a product. Once a product is discontinued, Reseller may advertise below MSRP. When a discontinued product is advertised below MSRP, it should be clearly marked as “Discontinued”.
- Used Products – Dealer may advertise reduced prices for used Lever Gear products, provided the products are clearly marked as “Used”.
- Irregular Products – Occasionally, Lever Gear offers cosmetically imperfect “Factory Second” products for sale. These can be advertised at reduced prices provided they are clearly marked as “Factory Second” or “Irregular”.
- Exclusions – Policy excludes structured loyalty programs not tied to a specific product, package sale (where consumers can receive a complete package of pre-selected products at a discounted price), show specials, or gift with purchase.
What Happens when MAP Violations Occur
In the event a retailer chooses not to follow our MAP policy we will impose the following sanctions:
On the first violation, we will suspend shipments of orders to the offending retailer for 60 days from the date of the violation.
On the second violation of the policy, we will terminate the retailer and the duration of the termination will be indefinite.
Violations of our MAP policy shall be determined by Lever Gear at our sole discretion. We will not accept any communication from a retailer who has violated this MAP policy regarding the violation or the willingness of the retailer to bring its prices into compliance with the policy. In the case of termination, no return of goods will be accepted or refunds issued for any goods purchased.
We are not seeking agreement from any reseller to adhere to this MAP policy. It is entirely within the discretion of the retailer whether or not to comply.
It should be understood by all retailers that no representative or employee of Lever Gear has the authority to alter or deviate from any of the provisions of this policy. We reserve the right at any time to modify, suspend, or discontinue the MAP policy in whole or in part or designate promotional periods during which the terms of the policy change or to designate periods of time during which the policy is not applicable.
Revised January 30, 2019