Welcome to the Affiliate Dashboard.
If you haven’t already, please follow us on social media.
Important! Please Read.
The reference section below contains everything you need to know about our affiliate program including how it works, best practices, posting guidelines and more. Any updates to the program will show up here and you will be notified via email.
Speaking of email…we will be sending you an affiliate email update about once a month. This will include:
- Upcoming promotions we’re running
- New product launches
- Strategies, reminders, tips & tricks to post more effectively (and get paid more)
- Influencer of the month award for the most active influencer (not necessarily highest sales)
** PLEASE, do me a favor and pinky swear you’ll OPEN these affiliate emails. They only come once a month and they’ll maximize your revenue. And you can only win the award if you read the emails.
Finally, if you have any questions, suggestions, or just want to chat, you can email us at email@example.com
- Upon joining the Lever Gear Affiliate Program, you will get a custom link and personal promo code.
- We will send you three products of your choice to review. We also have a Lever Gear Media Kit with images and collateral you can share.
- Post what you like, when you like, how you like with some simple minimum requirements.
- Any customer you bring our way is linked to you, and you get a commission on anything they purchase for life.
- Commissions will be paid automatically via Paypal on the 15th of the month at least 30 days after the sale.
- Use this dashboard to track your sales, create custom links to different landing pages, and manage your account.
About the affiliate dashboard
The affiliate dashboard is where you can check your earnings, recent visits from your link, and other stats. The menu bar at the top of the dashboard lets you navigate to the different functions.
The “Link Generator” tab lets you create your own custom links to specific pages on our website. For example, if you are doing a review of the Toolcard, you may want to try linking to the Toolcard landing page or product page.
If your payments tab shows unpaid commissions that are more than 60 days old, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
You’re in charge. Post what you want, where you want, when you want. You know your audience and you have your rhythm so we don’t want to mess with it. Just remember, the more compelling your posts and the more often you post, the more sales you will make. We reserve the right to ask you to take down any post that is graphic in nature, does not represent us well as a brand, etc.
Remember to link with your referral link. For social posts that don’t allow links such as Instagram or tiktok, you can use the link tree in bio or add content such as “please use our referral link – levergear.com/myreferal to help support this channel.” (Tip- use a memorable shortlink. For some partners we can create a levergear.com/yourhandle link upon request.)
That being said, we have a few requests and suggestions to maximize your success with the program.
Required (when applicable)
Tag @LeverGear (@LeverGearUSA for Facebook) and use hashtag #levergear for all your posts about our products. We will do our best to engage with and share everything you post.
Strongly Recommended (i.e. please do this)
- We request that you create at least one main post within 30 days of receiving your products. Main posts might include a video, IG story or written product review. Ideally, you create one long post for each product but it’s fine if the review is part of a multi-product review.
- Please send us an email (email@example.com) when you plan to post your main post so we can share and engage with it when it comes out.
- Use shorter posts, tweets, instagram pics, etc. to drive people to your main post and/or directly to LeverGear.com.
- Do frequent short posts for a few weeks and then post occasionally after that. There’s an adage that says most customers need to see a brand seven times before they’re ready to buy.
- Tell your audience about your special coupon code. Add graphics to images and videos highlighting the coupon.
- Finally, If you don’t have something nice to say, don’t say anything at all. If one of our products doesn’t resonate with you, you are not obligated to post about it. It’s fine to point out things you don’t like about the product in the context of an overall review, but if you don’t like the product as a whole, just skip it.
- It’s up to you how you want to mention our relationship, but we would recommend letting your audience know that you get a cut of each sale which supports your channel, but that has not influenced your review.
- Our products make great gifts. Reminding your audience about gifting may increase sales. The Toolcard, in particular, can be personalized and makes a great groomsman gift.
- If you do “gift list” posts for Christmas, Father’s Day, etc. just tack on a Lever Product for easy commissions.
- Don’t forget email. If you have an email list, a short blurb about our products included with your email can drive sales.
- Include our products in other posts such as EDC pocket dumps, hand dumps, reviews of related or complimentary products, etc.
You are the sole owner of any original content you create. As a member of the influencer program, you agree to give Lever Gear permission to repost your content with attribution and a link (if possible) to your original post. We may repost your content on our social channels or website with linked attribution. We believe this creates a win/win as we can share your content with our audience, and they can discover your social channels, and possibly even use your affiliate link when they purchase.
If Lever Gear would like to use your content in a paid advertisement or unattributed marketing video, we will reach out to you before doing so to discuss compensation for your copyrighted work. If you have any questions regarding this policy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lever Gear Media Kit
We have logos, photos and videos you can use in your content if you like. You may also use videos and images from our youtube channel and website if, and only if, it is Lever Gear created content and not content attributed to another creator. (If you are unsure email email@example.com)
You can access the dropbox folder here: Lever Gear Media Kit
Meet the Maker
No one understands our products better than Lever Gear founder and designer, Mike Scully. If you have any questions about the products or our company, feel free to email Mike directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Mike is also available to do “meet the maker” style interviews or to discuss the products as part of your video or for quotes for your article.
Sales Commission Attribution and Payment
Attribution and payment happens automatically through our website.
- Upon signing up, you will receive an affiliate link and a custom coupon code.
- The coupon code can be used at your discretion on your posts, videos and other content you own.
- Sales are attributed to you when the customer visits our website from your custom link.
- All visitors to our website from your custom link will have a non-expiring cookie placed in their browser to track sales even if the customer leaves the site and returns without using your link. The rare exceptions are if the customer disallows or clears their cookies between using your link and making a purchase.
- If a customer completes a purchase that is attributed to you, they are linked to your account for as long as you are an active member of the affiliate program. One exception is if that customer subsequently makes a purchase from a different affiliate link then they will be associated with that affiliate.
- You will receive your commission payment via Paypal on the 15th day of every month for sales older than 30 days old. All attributed sales will be tracked in your affiliate account and viewable on your affiliate dashboard.
- See below for attribution and payment for Amazon and crowdfunding campaigns.
We understand that many influencers chose to send customers to Amazon and/or post directly on Amazon Live or Amazon Reviews. We will pay you 8% on any sales you generate on top of Amazon’s ~4% commission, effectively tripling your payout. Please email us at email@example.com to get started. For attribution, send us a screenshot of your affiliate commissions from Amazon for our products, and we will send you a Paypal payout on the 15th of the month at least 30 days after the sale.
Kickstarter and Indiegogo
We often launch products on the crowdfunding platforms Kickstarter and Indiegogo. Be one of the first channels to let their audience know about our new product launches. The early adopters in your audience will appreciate the deep discounts available only on those platforms. Those who aren’t into crowdfunding will appreciate the “scoop” from your channel and will be warmed up for when the new product is available for immediate sale.
We will inform you of crowdfunding launches through our affiliate newsletter. Please let us know if you are interested in doing a crowdfunding post and we can provide you with a tracking code as well as images, video and possibly prototype samples. Commission percentage will vary depending on the project.
The Fine Print
- When your account is activated, we will add you to our influencer mailing list. Please don’t unsubscribe. We will use this email to notify our influencers of new products, special promotions, and any changes to the website or our influencer program.
- We reserve the right to change this program at any time by providing 30 days written notice to all influencers. If you are in the middle of a 3 month engagement period your terms will remain fixed for that period.
- If your account is inactive for a 12 month period, meaning you don’t create any new posts or receive any commissions over that time we reserve the right to close your account. You will be sent an email with 30 days notice to create a post and prevent your account from being closed.